Ryzen 5 3600X 3,8 GHz (Matisse) Socket AM4 - boxed
- Six-core CPU from the AMD "Zen 2" family
- 3,8 GHz Base- and 4,4 GHz Boost Clock
- Multi-Threading with 12 virtual cores
- PCI Express 4.0 & Precision Boost Overdrive
- 3 MB L2- & 32 MB L3 Cache
- 95 Watt TDP & unlocked multiplier
- Boxed version with AMD Wraith Spire CPU cooler
Product information - Ryzen 5 3600X 3,8 GHz (Matisse) Socket AM4 - boxed
AMD Ryzen Processors with Borderlands 3 and/or The Outer Worlds!While the promotion period lasts, Caseking will add the games Borderlands 3 and/or The Outer Worlds to qualifying AMD Ryzen processors. Also valid are complete Caseking systems and King Mod products with one of the promotional products. For each AMD Ryzen 9 processor of the 3000 series and the AMD Ryzen 7 3800X there are 2 games to go with it, while for all other eligible AMD Ryzen CPUs 1 game can be selected.
- Valid promotional products:
AMD Ryzen 9 3000-series, AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, Ryzen 7 3700X, Ryzen 5 3600X, Ryzen 7 2700X & Ryzen 7 2700 + AMD-Powered Complete Caseking Systems + AMD King Mod Products
- Promotional period: 30.09.2019 to 15.02.2020 (promotion extended; vouchers redeemable until 14.03.2020)
- Bonus: Borderlands 3 and/or The Outer Worlds (see text)
- More information: click here
Notes: We will email the voucher code for the AMD Rewards website within 14 days of receipt of the goods. Only end customers receive free gifts. Non-qualifying products are not eligible for free gifts.
The AMD Ryzen 5 3600X at a Glance:
- 6 "Zen 2" cores with just 95 Watts of Thermal Design Power (TDP)
- 12 Threads thanks to Simultaneous Multithreading (SMT)
- High single- and multi-thread performance
- Base clock of 3,8 GHz & 4,4 GHz Turbo with Precision Boost 2
- Fast PCI Express 4.0 interface (only with AMD X570)
- Auto-overclocking Precision Boost Overdrive (only with AMD X570)
- Unlocked multiplier for manual overclocking (unlocked CPU)
- Large cache: 3 MB L2 & 32 MB L3
- High efficiency, non-planar 7 Nanometer FinFET transistors
- AVX2 Instruction Set Extensions for complex vector calculations
- Two AES units for fast, reliable data encryption
- Compatible with AMD AM4 processor socket
- Natively supports DDR4-RAM with 3.200 MHz (Dual-Channel)
- Includes AMD Wraith Spire CPU cooler!
The AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core CPU with 4,4 GHz Precision Boost 2
The AMD Ryzen 5 3600X possesses six physical CPU cores which are, thanks to Simultaneous Multithreading (SMT), are each capable of processing two threads simultaneously. As a result, the total number of cores available for processing increases from six virtual cores to twelve effectively. The six-core mid-range model operates at a high clock frequency of 3,8 GHz per core, and this adjusts in real time thanks to Precision Boost 2 while remaining within the 95 Watt Thermal Design Power (TDP) at up to 4,4 GHz Turbo.
The silicon of the CPU cores is forged using the advanced 7 nm FinFET manufacturing process complete with stapled transistors (also known as 3D transistors) with Extreme Ultraviolet Technology (EUV). Thanks to the node shrink, the increased space available on the processor die allows the integration of a total of 3 MB Level 2 Cache and a full 32 MB Level 3 Cache, which is especially important for games. The I/O chiplet responsible for the data lanes built into the CPU package is produced using a 12 nm FinFet process and has 24 PCIe Lanes at its disposal, four of which are available for connecting the motherboard chipset and NVMe SSDs. As such, 16 Lanes are left over for communications with the graphics card, while additional PCIe lanes for further drives, expansion cards and peripherals are available depending on the motherboard chipset.
PCI-Express 4.0 with AMD X570 Chipset
In combination with a AMD X570 high-end chipset support, the AMD Ryzen 5 3600X also offers compatibility with the new PCI Express 4.0 standard. PCIe 4.0 is backwards compatible with expansion cards of previous generations. Each PCIe 4.0 Lane is, when compared to the older PCIe 3.0, capable of twice the transfer speeds. As a result, four PCIe 4.0 lanes are capable of providing theoretical Read/Write speeds of up to 7,8 GB/s when paired with an NVMe SSD.
The AM4 platform also features modern connectivity via USB 3.1 Gen 2 with type A and/or Type C connectors and high data transfer rates of up to 10 Gbit/s. The integrated memory controller of the CPU supports fast and energy-efficient DDR4 memory in dual-channel mode with or without ECC error correction at a native clock frequency of 3,200 MHz, and significantly higher clock rates are possible through overclocking.
Automatic Overclocking via Precision Boost Overdrive
With AMD Zen 2, hardly anyone has to worry about overclocking, because the CPU handles this all by itself: The AMD Ryzen 5 3600X is equipped with the Auto-OC feature known as Precision Boost Overdrive, which can increase the processor clock up to 200 MHz beyond the factory set limit of the maximum boost clock, as long as an AMD X570 motherboard is used and sufficient CPU cooling is present.
High-end motherboards with an AMD X570 chipset typically have additional voltage converters (VRMs) so that the Ryzen 7 processor communicates with the X570 chipset to retrieve any unused power reserves from the motherboard and automatically increase its clock rates depending on CPU temperatures.
Unlocked CPU: Manual overclocking thanks to free multiplier
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Zen 2 / Matisse
Node: 7 nm FinFET (CPU), 12 nm LP (I/O Chiplet)
- CPU Cores: 6 / 12 (physical / virtual)
- CPU Frequency:
Base Clock: 3,8 GHz
Boost Clock: max. 4,4 GHz (Precision Boost 2)
Precision Boost Overdrive: +200 MHz Auto OC (only with AMD X570 chipset)
- Level 2 Cache: 3 MB (6x 512kB)
- Level 3 Cache: 32 MB (2x 16MB)
- Chipset Interface: PCI-Express 4.0 (only with AMD X570 chipset)
- Integrated PCI Express Lanes: x24 (x16 for GPU + x4 für SSD + x4 for chipset)
Memory controller: internal
Memory channels: 2
Memory standard: DDR4 (ECC & non-ECC)
Native memory clock: 3.200 MHz (without OC)
- TDP: 95 Watt
- Socket Compatibility: AM4
- Features & Instruction Set Extensions:
PCI-Express 4.0 (only with AMD X570 chipset)
Precision Boost 2 (Precision Boost Overdrive with AMD X570)
SMT (Simultaneous Multithreading)
X86-64 (64 Bit processor AMD64)
AMD-V (Compute Virtualisation)
VT-Vi (I/O MMU Virtualisation)
2x AES Units (Encryption)
AVX & AVX2 (Advanced Vector Extensions)
NX-Bit (Virus protection) & EVP (Extended Virus Protection)
Turbo Core 3.0 Free multiplier (unlocked) AMD Wraith Spire CPU cooler included
Further links for "Ryzen 5 3600X 3,8 GHz (Matisse) Socket AM4 - boxed"
|CPU series||AMD Ryzen 5|
|CPU architecture||AMD Matisse|
|Hyper- / Multithreading||yes|
|Memory controller||Dual Channel|
|CPU cooler||Boxed cooler included|
|Packaging||boxed / retail|