Was: 1,394.80€* 1,299.90€*
Why don't you try our search.
Unfortunately there are no Product Reviews added to Products inside of this category.
AMD Socket TR4 Processors
AMD's Socket TR4 was created for Ryzen's Threadripper series of CPUs. This enthusiast platform consisting of the X399 chipset and the Threadripper processors required a new kind of socket, since a Ryzen TR CPU is approximately twice as large as a normal Ryzen CPU. This was due to the fact that Ryzen Threadripper consists of two CPU dies and as a result Socket TR4 uses 4.000 pins on the contact area.
The size of the Ryzen Threadripper CPU distinguishes Socket TR4 from prior AMD PGA sockets as the pins are located on the TR4 socket as opposed to the CPU (LGA Socket). On installing the CPU it is advisable to pay extra attention to the installation instructions of the CPU and motherboard.
AMD's Socket TR4 CPUs at a Glance:The following processors from AMD use Socket TR4:
- Ryzen Threadripper 1950X with 16 cores and 32 threads
- Ryzen Threadripper 1920X with 12 cores and 24 threads
- Ryzen Threadripper 1900X with 8 cores and 16 threads
- 64 PCIe lanes for graphics cards, M.2-NVMe PCIe-SSDs et al.
- 180 Watt Thermal Design Power (TDP)
- Very high single- and multi-thread performance
- Automatic XFR overclocking
- Unlocked multiplier for manual overclocking
- Large unified cache memory: 8 MB L2 & 32 MB L3
- High efficiency, non-planar 14 Nanometer FinFET transistors
- AVX2instruction set extensions for complex vector calculations
- Two AES units for fast, reliable data encryption
- Supports energy efficient DDR4-RAM (Quad-Channel)
Compatibility Note for Converting CPU Coolers to AMD Socket TR4:
Some manufacturers offer conversion kits for their CPU coolers and AiO water-coolers using Socket TR4. Those who wish to use their old CPU coolers with a Socket TR4 processor can generally get in contact with the manufacturer directly to request a conversion kit which one receives after sending in proof of purchase. Since Socket TR4 is almost twice as large as Socket AM4, for example, the purchase of a CPU cooler with a very large contact area is recommended.
Socket TR4 is markedly different in terms of size when compared to previous sockets. When installing the CPU, please read the installation instructions of both the CPU and the motherboard carefully. This is an LGA socket, the pins are located on the socket, not on the CPU.